A Dedicated Massachusetts
Family Law Attorney

Juvenile Law

Representing Children When They Are Removed From Their Families

Family disputes are difficult for children, and in some situations, a court may determine that a child is no longer safe to remain in their parents’ custody. When a child is removed from their parents due to judicial action, I can be appointed or hired privately to become that child’s attorney, or parents attorney to help safeguard their best interests. My name is Danielle A. Thomason, and I am a trained child advocate in the state of Massachusetts. I only work in care and protection cases where children and their parents need representation and have been removed from their parents’ custody.

What Is A Care And Protection Case?

Care and protection cases are claims started by the Massachusetts Department of Children & Families when there is a reported allegation of child abuse or neglect. The authorities will perform an investigation and, based on that, may petition the court to remove a child from their parent or parents  or care taker. This is where my representation would start when a child has been removed, and I represent either the parents or children in removal.

How Can I Help You?

If you have recently had a care and protection order filed against you and your child has been removed from your custody, I may be appointed to represent your child. I will work as your advocate and ensure that they receive the representation that you need during this difficult time. If you would like to speak with me about getting involved in your case, please reach out to me online or call my firm, Thomason Law, P.C., at 978-300-3718, and we can discuss your situation.